BeagleBoardToys/Reprogram ULCD7 Lite EEPROM
Please follow the following steps to repgram the EEPROM of ULCD7 Lite:
- Download the official Angstrom SD image 01-11-12 for your BeagleBoard-xM. This image supports the ULCD7 Lite. Please follow instructions here to write SD image to your SD card on a Windows machine.
- Mount BeagleBoard-xM to the back of the ULCD7 Lite. Ensure the SD card has the downloaded image.
- Ground the Write Protected pin of the EEPROM by using a jumper wire to connect TP1 to any nearby mounting holes. (See image)
- Open a new connection to your BeagleBone serial port using a terminal program. (See image)
- Power up the board.
- Press Enter to stop at UBoot countdown. If you miss the countdown, press the reset button and try again. (See image)
- Type following commands. Ignore errors "I2C read: I/O error. Error reading the chip".
- i2c dev 1
- i2c mm 0x51 00
- Press the reset button to reboot and press Enter to stop at UBoot again
- If the EEPROM has been programmed correctly, the ULCD7 Lite will be recognized by the software and the first bytes of the EEPROM will be 0x00 0x0b 0x00 0x04. (See image)