Beagleboard:Fritzing on the BeagleBone Black
Fritzing on the BeagleBone Black
If you want to create a breadboard/pcb/schematic layout for your BeagleBone Black, you can use a free program called Fritzing. This page will show you how to do this on a Windows operating system.
- Download the latest version of Fritzing here. Make sure to choose the proper operating system.
- Unzip the file into the directory that you wish.
- Open up the folder that you just unzipped and run the fritzing.exe program.
Importing the BeagleBone Black Library
- Go to this website and click the 'View Raw' button to download the latest AdaFruit library.
- At the top left of the Fritzing application, click: File>Open>AdaFruit.fzbz
- Once the library is imported, exit the Fritzing library. You will be prompted with a box. Make sure to save the changes to your library.
Using BeagleBone Black on Fritzing
- Re-open the Fritzing.exe application.
- At the top right, there is a magnifying glass to search for items. Click on it and search for ‘beagle.’
- Simply click on the icon and drag it towards the breadboard and it is ready for use.
- You can also view its schematic and PCB layout at the top left of the window.