This category lists information and pages relating to extensions.
- Manual:Extensions - general overview
- Extension requests
- Manual:Translating extensions
- Lists of extensions
- Updated Extension matrix - most advanced nightly bot with various categorizations of extensions
- Extension Matrix - an overview of key facts for many extensions.
- AutoExtensionList - list of extension grouped by release status. AutoExtensionList#User extension list|User extension list - striving selection.
- All extension pages - an uncategorized list of extensions.
- Extensions in the MediaWiki SVN repository
- manual:Category:MediaWiki extensions - extensions documented in meta, in the process of being moved to MediaWiki.org.
- manual:Category:MediaWiki tools - some extensions here too
- Writing extensions
Clicking the link to an extension should hopefully give you all the information you need in order to install/use the extension. If you have any further questions please raise them on the associated talk page, or contact the extension author directly if they have provided a means for you to do so. Do not contact the MediaWiki developers with questions about third-party extensions!
If you have an extension that you want to add to this site, create a new page and add the extension template to the top of it (or create a new extension article). This will create a useful infobox and add the template to this category. See Template:Extension for details. You should also add as much detail as possible to the body of the page, and it is wise to check back fairly regularly to respond to user questions.
Extensions that create new hooks within the extension code should register them on extension hook registry.
NOTE: If you already have a page for your extension on meta.wikimedia.org then please do not start a new page here. Your page will be moved by an admin, with complete revision history - in the meantime, continue to edit at meta.
Some of the extensions listed here may be maintained by people not affiliated with the MediaWiki software development team, and/or unfamiliar with the more intricate points of extension development.
The MediaWiki developers provide no support for third-party add-ons and neither the MediaWiki developers nor the maintainers of this site give any guarantee about the suitability, functionality, security or indeed any other property of any extension described on this site. Inclusion of an extension on this site is not an endorsement by the MediaWiki developers or the Wikimedia Foundation.
If it is felt that a particular extension published on this web site is being distributed containing vulnerabilities which expose users to cross-site scripting or other vulnerabilities, or which are otherwise insecure, these can and will be deleted with no prior notice.
The provisions of the general disclaimer are maintained.
This category currently contains no pages or media.