DHT-Walnut 2.6 Linux Kernel
Linux Kernel v2.6.15
Here is a 2.6.15 kernel, built from unmodified source code found here.
(this latest image adds CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION, CONFIG_I2C, CONFIG_CRAMFS, CONFIG_DEVFS_FS, and CONFIG_PACKET)
This kernel works with ppcboot 1.1.6 or the U-Boot bootloader available [wiki:DHT-Walnut-U-Boot here].
The following things have been tested and all seem to work:
- 10/100 Ethernet port
- IDE with drives on /dev/hda and /dev/hdb
- Firewire with the PCI card sold with the DHT-Walnut. I tested a Firewire DVD-writer.
- USB with an PCI OHCI adapter
- Console on Matrox video FB using a USB keyboard
- NFS root filesystem
- standalone system with root=/dev/hda1 and matrox fb console with usb keyboard.
All the on-board hardware seems to be supported by the vanilla 2.6.15 kernel.
Note: To set the Linux console baud rate to 115200, add "console=ttyS0,115200" to the U-Boot bootargs environment variable.
Please let me know of any success or issues you encounter. firstname.lastname@example.org.