ENC28J60 is a 28-pin, 10BASE-T stand alone Ethernet Controller with on board MAC & PHY, 8 Kbytes of Buffer RAM and an SPI serial interface. With a small foot print package size the
ENC28J60 minimizes complexity, board space and cost. Target applications include VoIP, Industrial Automation, Building Automation, Home Control, Security and Instrumentation.
The olimex board is also sold at Sparkfun
- 2.4 Kernel Driver , this an experimental driver to test the basic features of the enc28j60 under linux. it was done using the s3c2410 arm920t. this driver can be modified to work with other spi controllers including bitbanging. this is a VERY ugly hack and is not ment to be a production driver.
- 2.6 Kernel Driver no SPI subsystem , this is the initial driver support for the enc28j60. this driver uses a spi interface header that describes the device being used. (Completed, waiting on lawyers approval for release)
- 2.6 Kernel Driver with SPI Subsystem, this version of the driver supports the new SPI subsystem that is available from 2.6.16 and newer. (ETA 8/28/2006 update: there is a driver in the Linux Kernel - .../drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/enc28j60.c)
- Microchip ENC28J60 Page
- http://www.elinux.org/images//8/83/Pdf.gif Microchip ENC28J60 Datasheet
- Microchip ENC28J60 Errata
- AVRlib with ENC28J60 support
if you are using the enc28j60 and would like to contribute changes/fixes/updates please send them to prpplague