BeagleBoard.org Summer of Code
This is the BeagleBoard specific page for Google Summer of Code. Beagleboard.org has been accepted as a mentoring organization and is looking for students to submit applications for Beagleboard related projects.
Here are some links to help students with their applications:
Key Dates for 2011
- Mentoring organizations application window is February 28-March 11.
- Continue to provide your Ideas page updates right up to the March 18-27 publishing of accepted mentoring organizations.
- Student discussion window March 28-April 8.
- Student application window April 8.
- Mentors review and rank student proposals before April 22.
- All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with a mentor
- IRC meeting to resolve any outstanding duplicate accepted students - 19:00 UTC #gsoc
- Accepted proposals published April 25.
- Students and mentors work together on refining the task definition and solution April 25-May 23.
- First half project execution May 23-July 11.
- Mid-term evaluations done July 11-15.
- Second half project execution July 15-August 15.
- Final evaluations done August 22-26.
- Final results announced August 29.
- Student code sample submission beings August 30.
- Mentor Summit at Google will be held October 22-23.
- BeagleBoard GSoC mailing list - potential students sign up here to discuss ideas with mentors.
- Meeting minutes
- Summer of Code Ideas
- Our application to become a mentoring organization. Application
- Jason's e-mail about the GSoC 2009 application feedback
- FOSDEM video from 2009 about the Summer of Code
- BeagleBoard GSoC flyer/poster for promotion