Difference between revisions of "Beagleboard:BeBoPr Cape"
(Updating links to internal pages)
|Line 114:||Line 114:|
To go back to the cape list, please click [
To go back to the cape list, please click [:BeagleBone_Capes ]
Latest revision as of 01:36, 5 November 2013
The BeBoPr Cape provides all the necessary I/O to control a Mendel/Reprap 3D-printer.
- 3 analog inputs optimized for thermistors.
- 6 digital inputs for limit switches.
- 3 high-power PWM outputs for heater(s) and/or fan.
- 4 axis steppermotor interface (5 axis via future expansion board) for either external drivers, or on-board StepStick/Pololu modules.
- Single 12 Volt supply operation. The integrated 5V/2A switching stepdown convertor powers the BeagleBone, cape and external Opto sensors.
- All I/O is protected to prevent damage to the BeagleBone by accidental short-circuits.
- Steppermotor operation at up to 24Volt.
- LEDs mounted next to the input and output connectors provide status information.
All 'hard' realtime control, e.g. step pulse generation, acceleration etc. runs on a dedicated coprocessor that is part of the AM3359 on the BeagleBone. The 'soft' realtime control, e.g. traject planning, temperature control etc., runs on the ARM processor under Linux.
- The stepper control code accelerates and steps all axes simultaneously at up to 62.5 kHz steprate.
- The step-pulse duration on the E-axis can be controlled for laser engraving/cutter applications.
A license for the coprocessor code comes with the board. A port/rewrite of the RepRap/Teacup 3D printer control software is expected to be ready before end Q2/2012. All Linux code will be Open Source, the coprocessor code will be provided as a binary module.
|Power||Single 12 Volt operation with stepdown for BeagleBone.|
|5V via expansion header|
|Indicators||14 LEDs in functional colors|
|Connectors||Too many to mention, see picture & description|
|Size||100 x 107 mm|
|System Reference Manual||Yes|
|Bills of Materials||No|
To go back to the cape list, please click BeagleBone Capes