DHT-Walnut Known Working Hardware
This page lists all hardware that is known to work (and not to work) with the DHT Walnut board. Some PCI cards that don't work, may have kernel/driver compilation issues. Here is a kernel that works with the drivers listed below.
[[[Media:kernel]] 2.6.16-pre-3 kernel]
Known To Work
- Matrox Millenium II (framebuffer console for kernel 2.4 & 2.6)
- ATI Rage XL (atyfb driver with mods for kernel 2.6.16-pre3)
- Best Buy 2-port USB2.0 card (NEC D720101GJ) -- NOTE: Some kernel trees has no console mapping for the Walnut target, so while USB works, keyboard only works in X.
- Compu Geeks 2 & 5 port USB2.0 cards (NEC D720101GJ--(NOTE: Kernel 2.6.16-pre3 and later seem to handle the console mapping ok, and both usb keyboards & mice (some) work ok. )--
- Adaptec 2930CU is recognized by the AIC7xxx driver
- No Name CS4280/4297A PCI uses cs46xx driver, needs IBM4xx DMA support turned on in the kernel config.
- Creative Labs En Soniq es1370 uses ens1370 driver, needs IBM4xx DMA support turned on in the kernel config.
USB Serial Adapters
- FTDI USB-Serial adapter chipset (ftdi_sio driver as module, kernel 22.214.171.124)
Known Not To Work
- most "standard" PCI video cards
- many of these cards need their hardware initialized by the BIOS which the DHT doesn't have.
- Aureal Votrex2 using au88x0 driver, built from either the latest ALSA sources or from those in kernel 2.6.16. The driver loads and appears to initialize without errors, but causes a kernel oops when an application tries to use it.