Revision as of 21:37, 3 April 2012 by Peter Huewe
- See the Debugging_Portal page
- See the Kernel Debugging Tips page
- See also Debugging Makefiles
- Debugging by printing
- Debug user-space initialization:
- If you get a panic - "not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" it can be for many different reasons. Try setting CONFIG_DEBUG_USER=y in your .config and pass 'user_debug=255' in the kernel command line. That will give you a more verbose output about why user space programs crash. Thanks to Daniel Mack on the linux-arm-kernel mailing list for this tip.