Getting started with Yocto on Wandboard
Here are the steps on how to get started with the Yocto Project based on the Freescale Community BSP for Wandboard.
Requirements hardware and software
- Linux-based host system to use for building Linux
- Wandboard Dual (currently only Wandboard Dual is supported but Solo will be added soon)
- Null-modem serial (RS-232) cable use for the serial console
- 5V power supply to power the Wandboard
- microSD card to store the bootloader, kernel, and filesystem as Wandboard has no on-board flash
The BSP is based on the Yocto Project, which consists of a number of applicable metadata 'layers'. This is managed by the repo utility.
$: mkdir ~/bin
$: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
$: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
Download the BSP source using repo:
$: mkdir fsl-community-bsp
$: cd fsl-community-bsp
$: repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b master
$: repo sync
Once this has complete, you should have all of the metadata source in fsl-community-bsp.
To start a build, do:
$: . ./setup-environment build
$: bitbake core-image-minimal