- Dimensions: 58.0 mm x 45.0 mm (6 layer PCB design)
- Working temperature: -45~85 Celsius
- Humidity Range: 20% ~ 90%
- Power Consumption: 125mA @ 12V
- TI AM1808 ARM9 microprocessor
- 375-MHz ARM926EJ-S RISC MPU, also supports 456MHz operation
- ARM926EJ-S Core
- ARM9 Memory Architecture
- Enhanced Direct-Memory-Access Controller 3 (EDMA3)
- 128K-Byte On-chip Memory
- 1.8V or 3.3V LVCMOS IOs (except for USB and DDR2 interfaces)
- Two External Memory Interfaces
- Three Configurable 16550 type UART Modules
- LCD Controller
- Two Serial Peripheral Interfaces (SPI) Each With Multiple Chip-Selects
- Two MMC/SD Card Interface with Secure Data I/O (SDIO) Interfaces
- 128MByte Mobile DDR2
- 128MByte NAND Flash (on the rear of the board)
- 8Mbytes SPI Flash
Expansion Interfaces and Signals Routed to Pins
- Two 2.0mm space 3*27-pin dip connectors
- TFT LCD Interface (support 16-bpp parallel RGB Interface LCD)
- Two 8-bit Camera interfaces
- JTAG Debugger Interface
- USB 1.1 OHCI (Host) With Integrated PHY (USB1)
- USB 2.0 OTG Port With Integrated PHY (USB0, Support High-/Full-/Low-Speed)
- Two SPI interfaces (SPI0 multiplexed with MII);
- Two inter-integrated circuit (I2C) Bus interfaces (I2C1 multiplexed with UART2)
- Five UART interfaces;
- A 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet MAC (EMAC) with a Management Data Input/Output (MDIO)module;
- A multichannel buffered serial ports (McBSP) with FIFO buffers;
- Four 64-bit general-purpose timers each configurable (one configurable as watchdog);
- Two 4-line SD/MMC card interfaces;
- GPIO (Up to 9 banks of 16 pins of general-purpose input/output with programmable interrupt/event generation modes, multiplexed with other peripherals)
General Description Measuring only 58mm by 45mm, the Mini8118 processor card is a small and low-cost controller board designed to the core processing component for your next embedded design. It is based on TI’s AM1808 ARM9 application processor which is powered by 375-MHz ARM926EJ-S RISC MPU core. The board has 128bytes mobile DDR2, 128Mbytes NAND Flash and 8Mbytes SPI Flash and uses two 2.0mm space 3*27-pin dip connectors to bring out many hardware peripheral signals and GPIOs from the CPU.
To help with customers’ prototyping and evaluation, Embest has also designed an expansion board for the single board computer called SBC8118. The SBC8118 has exposed many additional hardware interfaces based on the Mini8118 including Serial ports, LCD/TSP, USB Host, Ethernet, RS485, SATA, Camera, SD card, JTAG, etc. It has one 14-pin JTAG interface which can be used with XDS100v2 emulator available from Embest. Embest also offers 4.3” and 7” LCD display with touch screen as optional modules for this board.
The Mini8118 processor card is an industrial-grade module which can work in harsh environment. It is ideal for various applications like medical, industrial, communication, consumer electronics products and etc.
Two 2.0mm space 3*27-pin dip connectors
Embest Mini8118 processor card is connected to carrier board via two 2.0mm pitch 3*27-pin DIP connectors.
- The connector marked in red below is CON1; table 1-1 described the pin signals of CON1 connector.