I need help with...
Buying a new Raspberry Pi
Please visit the Model Wizard to select your Raspberry Pi.
Booting an OS onto my Raspberry Pi
Now shipping to customers
Now, it's September. We've come a far way! The average shipping time is now 2 days. Woo hoo!
Don't have an idea on which to buy? Use the Model Wizard to select your Raspberry Pi!
The Raspberry Pi (short: RPi or RasPi) is an ultra-low-cost ($25-$35) credit-card sized Linux computer which was conceived with the primary goal of teaching computer programming to children. It was developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, which is a UK registered charity (Registration Number 1129409). The foundation exists to promote the study of computer science and related topics, especially at school level, and to put the fun back into learning computing. The device is expected to have many other applications both in the developed and the developing world (Read more).
- You can get the latest news from the Foundation Home Page, the Twitter Feed or in the forums.
- For Raspberry Pi frequently asked questions see the FAQ section or the Raspberry Pi Foundation's FAQ page.
- Both manufacturing partners provide community areas for more technically focused discussions, articles, FAQs and related information:
- Products are RoHS, CE, FCC, CTick, CSA and WEEE compliant. In common with all Electronic and Electrical products the Raspberry Pi should not be disposed of in household waste. Please contact the distributor from whom you purchased your Raspberry Pi device for details regarding WEEE in your country.
- Price: 25USD Model A, 35USD for Model B, excluding taxes, postage and packaging. For information about availability and shipping see the Buying Guide.
- Confused about seeing different versions of the board? Visit the History of the Raspberry Pi Hardware for information about the past versions.
- Russell Davis (aka forum admin ukscone) has a series of blog articles recording his perspective of the Raspberry Pi story in several parts from the beginning.
- You will often hear mention of the BBC Micro Computer when people talk about the purpose of the Raspberry Pi Foundation. See this article on the history of the BBC Micro Computer.
- Here's a video from the Financial Times, with three different groups evaluating the raspberry pi: http://video.ft.com/v/1498254373001/Taste-testing-the-Raspberry-Pi (March 2012)
The Model Wizard will help you select your model to buy.
Where can I get one and for how much?
First little Raspberry Pi Steps...
You've just got your new Raspberry Pi device - what now?
Easy GPIO Hardware & Software - in-progress at the moment
Example projects/tuts which can be linked from here (or from within a beginners guide page perhaps): Setup XBMC media centre Programming tutorials (Liams YouTube etc) Easy GPIO (when complete or similar thing). Also links to some basic linux user guides.
The Raspberry Pi will run a range of OS Distributions and run a variety of software.
Documentation relating to the Raspberry Pi can be found here.
Example documents which can be linked from here (or sub page): Official Datasheets White Papers User Manuals Recommended books (perhaps)
Head over to the troubleshooting page for help fixing common problems.
Head over to the bugs page for a list of known bugs.
RPi Model B 3D CAD files
Theses are various 3D CAD Versions in both RAR and ZIP.
The Raspberry Pi Community is steadily growing:
About the RPi Wiki
Do not be afraid to add your bit, content is vital for the wiki to function.
We are governed by the RPi Wiki Council (RPWC). New guidelines not made by Ghans alone are currently being drafted. As the RPi wiki is currently a wreck, the council's current goal is to clean up the RPi Wiki!
The wiki is being translated into several languages, some of which can be seen on the hub banner above. Current languages include:
- English: R-Pi Hub
- French: FR:R-Pi Hub
- German: DE:R-Pi Hub
- Greek: EL:R-Pi Hub
- Hungarian: HU:R-Pi Hub
- Japanese: JP:R-Pi_Hub
- Polish: PL:R-Pi_Hub
- Portugese: pt-BR:Raspberry Pi Board
- Romanian: RO:R-Pi_Hub
- Russian: RU:RaspberryPiBoard
- Українська: UA:R-Pi Hub
- Spanish: ES:R-Pi Hub
- Italiano: IT:R-Pi Hub
- Chinese:CH:R-Pi Hub
- Hebrew:HE:R-Pi Hub
- 한국어:KR:R-Pi Hub
Any help translating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to those who have already contributed!
The wiki is governed by the Raspberry Pi Wiki Council.