This information is provided as-is. If you have access to edit, then please do. If you do not have access, email me with your current info and I will eventually update it, as my schedule allows. Ricgal (talk) 01:29, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
Methods of Video Streaming
- MJPG Streamer
- mplayer & netcat
I pursued the mjpg-streamer approach, and wound up using mjpg-streamer-experimental from github user:jacksonliam Other downloads from subversion and other sources did not seem to make a certain file on my raspi. Note that this version includes raspicam input plugin (based on raspistill mmal source code). This is excellent if you are using the raspicam accesory.
The directions are in the README.md section of the webpage.
This software includes a minimal http server so the image can be viewed through a web browser, with
The following can be saved as a file on the desktop, and then the file can be made executable:
# # title # run-raspicam-stream cd /usr/local/src/mjpg-streamer-master/mjpg-streamer-experimental export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./mjpg_streamer -i "input_raspicam.so" -o "output_http.so -w ./www/"
Once this is set, when you click to open the file, you will have the choice to execute the file.
Other Websites with MJPG-streamer
mplayer and netcat
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vGi376X3PA a video that includes streaming and other info
This solution pushes data to one specific computer.
putty and motion
cited in above video
- The pdf that you will want to follow is found at on a server which eLinux blocks. We have the unformatted text copied to RPi Projects/Installing Motion
- If you do not already own a copy of raspian os for your pi, it can be found here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
- If you are using windows to put the os on a disk, you will need http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager
- Here is where you get putty: http://putty.en.softonic.com/download
- This page here at eLinux will tell you which peripherals will work with the pi: RPi VerifiedPeripherals
more on motion
The motion-mmal.tar.gz cited on the Rpi Camera Module page can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdfcxm5hu71s97d/motion-mmal.tar.gz (as noted in the footnotes on Rpi Camera Module)