Difference between revisions of "SBC8018 en"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
you may encounter probably.
you may encounter probably.
New: the problem that the board could not boot from Nand Flash stably in WinCE OS has been settled, please download the software patches from
New : the problem that the board could not boot from Nand Flash stably in WinCE OS has been settled, please download the software patches from[http://www.embedinfo.com/english/download/SBC8018_patch_20120221.zip here]
Latest revision as of 09:32, 21 February 2012
- SBC8018 Single Board Computer an industrial application of ARM Embedded Single Board Computer designed by Embest Info&Tech Co.,LTD..SBC8018 boards 128MB DDR, 128MB NAND Flash, except some interface used normally, an SATA interface is offered to supply large data storage applications. SBC8018 is a low power, low cost and high-performance's industrial application. SBC8018 can be used many industries to designed products quickly such as portable navigation multimedia devices,portable data acquisition devices,industrial automation and smart house, and so and.
This article is writed to introduce the hardware and software about the SBC8018 Single Board Computer and provide an exchange platform for sharing experience of TI AM1808. It can help users to learn the SBC8018 quickly, to summarize and answer the problem you may encounter probably.
New (Date:21-02-2012): the problem that the board could not boot from Nand Flash stably in WinCE OS has been settled, please download the software patches fromhere
- 1 General Description
- 2 Hardware Features
- 3 Software Features
- 4 Applications
- 5 Information Of Evaluation Kit
- 6 Other Embest Products based on TI Processors
- The SBC8018 Single Board Computer is a compact, low-cost with high-performance controller board designed by Embest. It is based on TI’s AM1808 ARM9 low-power application processor which enables OEMs and ODMs to quickly bring to market devices featuring robust operating systems support, rich user interfaces, and high processing performance life through the maximum flexibility of a fully integrated mixed processor solution.
- The SBC8018 Single Board Computer takes full features of the AM1808 microprocessor and has 128MB Mobile DDR SDRAM and 128MB Nand Flash on board. It has exposed many other hardware interfaces including Serial port, LCD/TSP, USB Host/OTG, Ethernet, Audio, SATA, two Camera, TF card, etc. It has one 14-pin JTAG interface which can be used with XDS100v2 emulator available from Embest. Embest also offers 4.3” and 7” LCD display with touch screen as optional modules for this board.
- The board is a ready-to-run solution which is provided with Linux 2.6.33 and WinCE 6.0 BSP. It would be an ideal development platform for customers requiring a low power ARM9 processor with cost-effective price point and small form factor for consumer, embedded industrial, medical and other embedded connectivity applications.
- - 375MHz TI AM1808 ARM926 Microprocessor
- - Onboard 128MByte DDR SDRAM + 128MByte NAND Flash
- - UART, USB, Ethernet, LCD/TSP, SATA, Camera, Audio, TF, JTAG,...
- - Optional WiFi, Camera and 3G Modules
- - Ready-to-Run Linux2.6.33 and WinCE 6.0 OS
Interfaces and Peripherals
- TI AM1808 ARM9 microprocessor
- 375-MHz ARM926EJ-S RISC MPU, also supports 456MHz operation
- ARM926EJ-S Core
- ARM9 Memory Architecture
- Enhanced Direct-Memory-Access Controller 3 (EDMA3)
- 128K-Byte On-chip Memory
- 1.8V or 3.3V LVCMOS IOs (except for USB and DDR2 interfaces)
- Two External Memory Interfaces
- Three Configurable 16550 type UART Modules
- LCD Controller
- Two Serial Peripheral Interfaces (SPI) Each With Multiple Chip-Selects
- Two MMC/SD Card Interface with Secure Data I/O (SDIO) Interfaces
- 128MByte Mobile DDR SDRAM
- 128MByte NAND Flash (on the rear of the board)
- Audio input interface (Mic In)
- Two-channel Audio output interface (Line Out)
- Two Camera interfaces (30-pin FPC connector on the rear of the board, supports CCD or CMOS camera)
- LCD/Touch Screen interface (50-pin FPC connector, support resolution up to 2048*2048)
Data Transfer Interfaces and Other Facilities
- 1 x 5 line Debug serial port, RS232 voltage (brings out by DB9 connector)
- 2 x 3 line serial ports, TTL voltage (brings out by extension connector)
- 1 x USB2.0 OTG port, High-speed (Mini USB type)
- 1 x USB1.1 Host port, Full-speed (USB-A type)
- 1 x TF card slot
- 1 x Serial ATA connector, supports both SATA I (1.5 Gbps) and SATA II (3.0 Gbps)
- 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet interface (RJ45 connector)
- 1 x RESET button
- 1 x BACK button
- 1 x HOME button
- 1 x MENU button
- 1 x 14-pin JTAG connector (for using TI’s XDS100v2 Emulator)
- 2 x 40-pin extension connectors (SPI, I2C, McBSP, UART, 1.8V, 3.3V, 5V, GPIO are brought out from these connectors)
- Battery backed RTC (User needs to prepare battery himself, CR1220 model is ok)
- Dimensions: 112.24mm x 82.29mm
- Working temperature: 0~70 Celsius
- Input Voltage: +5V
- Humidity Range: 20%~90%
- Power Consumption: 0.22A@5V (working without LCD)
- The XDS100v2 USB JTAG Emulator is the second release of the XDS100 JTAG emulator technology supporting debug of a variety of TI devices. It allows the user direct access between the host computer and the DSP through a 14-pin JTAG header. It is compatible with Code Composer Studio (CCS) V4 IDE from Texas Instruments and compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
- Standard resolution of 720*576 PAL standard,connect SBC8018 by 30PIN FFC cable, connect the camera equipment by other side of the BNC connector, achieved through the camera input function.
- A wireless communication module that base on USB connector ,can be used for all product designed by Embest. With the technology of wirelessly connection for personal computer terminals and based on the IEEE 802.11 standard wireless network protocol, this module is highly integrated with MAC/BBP and 2.4GHz radio single chip.With a wide range of wireless connectivity and large throughput,the module meets the IEEE 802.11 b/g standard. After all,it makes WF8000-U WIFI module good performance and low power consumption with superior radio architecture and optimization algorithms.
- CDMA8000 is a 3G wireless communication module issued by Embest.Embest based on the newest UMUTS standard developed by the MSM6290 platform.This module is applied in the network of EDGE ,GRRS ,GSM and WCDMA(HSPA),which can achieve global roaming. General USB interface and powerful software support platform make the module have friendly secondary development of software and hardware platform.It can support a variety of peripheral devices and meet the user’s rich requirement of sevice function.
- WCDMA8000 is a 3G wireless communication module issued by Embest based on the newest UMUTS standard developed by the MSM6280 platform. This module is applied in the network of EDGE ,GRRS ,GSM and WCDMA(HSPA), which can achieve global roaming. General USB interface and powerful software support platform make the module have friendly secondary development of software and hardware platform. It can support a variety of peripheral devices and meet the user’s rich requirement of service function.
LCD Screen Interface
- 24bit LCD screen interface,true color RGB signal output,R:B:G=8:8:8.
- The connector is a 50-pin FPC connector which is 0.5mm pitch
- Signal types:
RGB data LCD control data SPI signal IIC singal Touch-screen signal Output voltage 24bit 6bit 4bit 2bit 4bit 5bit R:G:B=8:8:8 Control signals for rows and other controls Standard SPI signals 2 bits IIC singal 4 bit touch-screen singal output voltage is 5V,3.3V and 1.8V
Pin Number Singal Function 1 GND GND 2 D0 Test Point 3 D1 Test Point 4 R_CAM_D0 VPIF capture data bit 0 5 R_CAM_D1 VPIF capture data bit 1 6 R_CAM_D2 VPIF capture data bit 2 7 R_CAM_D3 VPIF capture data bit 3 8 R_CAM_D4 VPIF capture data bit 4 9 R_CAM_D5 VPIF capture data bit 5 10 R_CAM_D6 VPIF capture data bit 6 11 R_CAM_D7 VPIF capture data bit 7 12 D10 Test Point 13 D11 Test Point 14 GND GND 15 PCLK Pixel clock 16 GND GND 17 CAM_HS_A0 Horizontal synchronization 18 +5VDC_IN +5V 19 CAM_VS_A0 Vertical synchronization 20 +3P3V +3.3V 21 CAM_XCLKA_A0 Test Point 22 CAM_XCLKB_A0 Test Point 23 GND GND 24 CAM_FLD_A0 Test Piont 25 uP_CAM_WEN0 Test Piont 26 uP_CAM_STR Test Piont 27 CAM_SDA I2C0 serial data 28 CAM_SCL I2C0 serial clock 29 GND GND 30 +1P8V_LDO +1.8V
Pin Number Singal Function 1 GND GND 2 SATA_TXP SATA receive data(positive) 3 SATA_TXN SATA receive data(negative) 4 GND GND 5 SATA_RXN SATA transmit data(negative) 6 SATA_RXP SATA transmit data(positive) 7 GND GND 8 NC NC 9 GND GND
Pin Number Singal Fuction 1 TMS Test mode select 2 NTRST Test system reset 3 TDI Test data input 4 GND GND 5 VIO 1.8V 6 NC NC 7 TDO TDO 8 GND GND 9 RTCK RTCK 10 GND GND 11 TCK Test clock 12 GND GND 13 EMU0 Test emulation 0 14 EMU1 Test emulation 1
The first Extended Interface
Pin Number Singal Function 1 GND GND 2 GND GND 3 EMA_A_16_EXP GPIO 4 EMA_D_15_EXP GPIO 5 EMA_A_15_EXP GPIO 6 EMA_D_14_EXP GPIO 7 EMA_A_14_EXP GPIO 8 EMA_D_13_EXP GPIO 9 EMA_A_13_EXP GPIO 10 EMA_D_12_EXP GPIO 11 EMA_A_0_EXP GPIO 12 EMA_D_11_EXP GPIO 13 EMA_BA_1_EXP GPIO 14 EMA_D_10_EXP GPIO 15 EPWMN1_TZ0 GPIO 16 EMA_D_9_EXP GPIO 17 ECAP2_APWM2 GPIO 18 EMA_D_8_EXP GPIO 19 AFSX / GPIO0 GPIO 20 EMA_CLK_EXP GPIO 21 AFSR GPIO 22 EMA_SDCKE_EXP GPIO 23 AHCLKX/USB_REFCLKIN/UART1_CTSN/GPIO0 GPIO 24 EMA_CSn_5_EXP GPIO 25 GND GND 26 EMA_CSn_4_EXP GPIO 27 ACLKX/GPIO0 GPIO 28 EMA_CSn_2_EXP GPIO 29 ACLKR/GPIO0 GPIO 30 EMA_CSn_0_EXP GPIO 31 GND GND 32 EMA_WAIT_1_EXP GPIO 33 GND GND 34 GND GND 35 +5VDC_IN +5V 36 GND GND 37 +3P3V 3.3V 38 +1P8V_LDO 1.8V 39 GND GND 40 GND GND
The Second Extended Interface
Pin Number Singal Function 1 GND GND 2 GND GND 3 uP_SPI1_CLK SPI1 clock 4 uP_McBSP1_CLKR_EXP McBSP1 receive clock 5 uP_SPI1_SOMI SPI1 data slave-out-master-in 6 uP_McBSP1_CLKX_EXP McBSP1 transmit clock 7 uP_SPI1_SIMO SPI1 data slave-in-master-out 8 uP_McBSP0_CLKS_EXP McBSP1 sample rate generator clock input 9 uP_SPI1_SCSn0 SPI1 chip selects 10 AIC_DOUT McBSP1 receive frame sync 11 uP_SPI1_ENAN SPI1 enable 12 AIC_DIN McBSP1 transmit frame sync 13 GND GND 14 uP_McBSP0_DR_EXP McBSP1 receive data 15 UART1_RXD UART1 receive data 16 uP_McBSP0_DX_EXP McBSP1 transmit data 17 UART1_TXD UART1 transmit data 18 GND GND 19 UART1_RTSn UART1 ready-to-send output 20 UART2_RXD UART2 receive data 21 AIC_MCL UART1 clear-to-send input 22 UART2_TXD UART2 transmit data 23 GND GND 24 I2C0_SCL I2C0 serial clock 25 GND GND 26 I2C0_SDA I2C0 serial data 27 GND GND 28 GND GND 29 GND GND 30 uP_SPI0_CLK SPI0 clock 31 GDN GND 32 uP_SPI0_SOMI SPI0 data slave-out-master-in 33 GND GND 34 uP_SPI0_SIMO SPI0 data slave-in-master-out 35 GND GND 36 uP_SPI0_SCSn0 SPI0 chip selects 37 +5VDC_IN +5V 38 uP_SPI0_ENAN 1.8V 39 +3P3V +3.3V 40 +1P8V_LDO +1.8V
OS Item remark Linux BIOS x-loader NAND/ONENAND MMC/SD FAT U-BOOT NAND/ONENAND MMC/SD FAT NET Kernel Linux 2.6.33 Supports ROM/CRAM/EXT2/EXT3/FAT/ NFS/ JFFS2/UBIFS file systems Device Driver Serial port, RTC, Ethernet, Nand Flash, LCD, Touch screen, TF card, USB OTG, USB Host, SATA, Audio input/output, key, LED WinCE BIOS x-loader NAND / ONENAND MMC / SD FAT e-boot NAND / ONENAND MMC / SD FAT NET Device Driver Serial port, RTC, Ethernet, Nand Flash, LCD, Touch screen, TF card, USB OTG, USB Host, Audio input/output, key, LED Power Management (backlight, battery, Sleep/Wakeup, PWM, ADC) app application module Flash Player plug-in and Flash player
- Portable navigation multimedia devices
- Digital video set-top boxes
- Portable game consoles
- Consumer Design
- Portable data acquisition devices
- And so and
Information Of Evaluation Kit
Product Number T6010162 Product Name SBC8018 Single Board Computer Standard Accessories 1.SBC8018 Single Board Computer *1
2.5V/2A Power Adapter *1
3.Cross Serial cable *1
4.CD（PDF Schematic,Linux Source Of Driver,WinCE BSP Source,WinCE application source code,Driver for Interface and so and）*1
Optional Accessories 1、7-inch LCD screen(LCD8000-70T，Resolution is 800*480)
2、4.3-inch LCD screen(LCD8000-43T，Resolution is 480*272)
More information about SBC8018 and how to buy a SBC8018 please visit our website: http://www.armkits.com/product/sbc8018.asp
Other Embest Products based on TI Processors
Embest has designed several products based on TI's ARM9 and ARM Cortex-A8 processors. Embestalso offers customer design service according to customer's requirements. Whether you need to reduce, add or modify to existing hardwares or generate a new solution, Embest will help customers with expert competence and rich experience.
- DevKit8500 Evalution Board based on TI's DM3730 or AM3715 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- SBC8530 Single Board Computer based on TI's DM3730 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- SBC8100 Plus Single Board Computer based on TI's DM3730 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- SBC8100 Single Board Computer based on TI's OMAP3530 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- SOC8200 Single Board Computer based on TI's AM3517 Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- Mini8510 Processor Card based on TI's DM3730 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- Mini8100 Processor Card based on TI's OMAP3530 ARM Cortex-A8 processor