< Tegra | Mainline SW
Revision as of 19:48, 14 May 2014 by Stephenwarren (Created page with "NVIDIA Tegra SoCs are well supported by mainline U-Boot. U-Boot releases may be obtained from: * ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/ releases, via download. * http://git.denx.de/?p...")
NVIDIA Tegra SoCs are well supported by mainline U-Boot.
U-Boot releases may be obtained from:
- ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/ releases, via download.
- http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary releases and overall development code, via git.
- http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-tegra.git;a=summary Tegra-specific latest development code, via git.
Features that already work are:
- It boots!
- Serial console.
- USB Host:
- USB networking for network booting.
- USB keyboard enabled on some boards.
- Display controller, for some SoCs and boards - mainly Tegra20/30.
- bootz, sysboot, pxe commands, shell, and scripting available for easy distro booting support.
- Extremely basic PMIC support necessary to boot the main CPUs.
- I2C master.
- SPI master (e.g. for boot flash programming).
- NAND (Tegra20 only, for boot flash programming).
- I2C slave (Toshiba AC100 specific NVEC keyboard support).
A probably-incomplete list of features that are not yet implemented is:
- Advanced (high-speed) transfer modes for SD and eMMC. IO voltage scaling.
- PCIe (e.g. for PCIe-based network devices on some boards).
- USB device mode and OTG. (device mode support is work-in-progress, and nearly complete).
- SKU awareness (SKU-specific clock and thermal limits).
- POR (Plan Of Record) clocks.
- HDMI display
- LCD panel support on many boards (especially Tegra114 and later).