Tim Bird is a Linux developer working for Sony Mobile Communications - a part of Sony Corporation.
Current contact information
You can contact Tim at the following address, which has been made spam-resistant:
- e-mail: tim (dot) bird (at) sonymobile (dot) com.
Bookmarks for things I'm working on in this wiki
This list is roughly in chronological order (most recent at top)
- Kernel Size Reduction Work - renewed effort to minimize the Linux kernel size
- Internet of Things Notes - resources on IOT
- Kernel Mainlining - resources to help companies overcome obstacles to getting their developers involved in upstreaming kernel patches
- Embedded linux status - list of things for embedded linux status reports (which I do frequently)
- Best of Embedded Linux - list of smallest, fastest, etc. embedded products using Linux
- NFC driver notes - some notes about NFC drivers, chipsets, technologies, etc.
- Used for determining if shared work can be done on the NXP PN544 driver in the Linux kernel
- Kernel 3.4 to 3.10 porting guide - tips for porting items from version 3.4 to 3.10 of the Linux kernel
- System Size Auto-Reduction - presentation for LCJ 2013 - wrapping up my auto-reduce work
- Crash handler - A crash handler implementation for ARM embedded Linux
- Tim's Tips and Tricks - Miscelaneous development tips gleaned over the years
- Android Boot-time Readahead - Some research on using the Linux read-ahead system call to decrease Android cold boot time
- Ftrace - with my knowledge of ftrace, this page really needs a fixup
- elinux issues - list of things that need fixing
- Embedded Wiki wanted features
- Kernel Timer Systems - needs a major overhaul to bring it up to date
- Reasons to participate in open source - my own thoughts on open source contributions
- Beginning Programming - some links to resources for beginning programmers
Pages needing LOTS of HELP!!
Here are some high priority candidates for work...
Samples and help
- See Table Examples
Areas of interest
Here are some things Tim is interested in on this site:
- Other wikis - a list of other wikis to examine the design of
- Good article on US case law related to closed-source kernel modules
Things I want to add to the wiki
- review each portal page and try to hook up material I know is orphaned
Free software encircles embedded design Warren Web, EDN 8/7/2008
Videos, Articles, Presentations of, by or about me
- http://youtu.be/gab6EMyUMQM - JJ48, May 2014 - Paradox of Open Source and Embedded
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cLPD8CZuOk - ELC Europe 2013, November, 2014 - Status of Embedded Linux presentation
- http://video.linuxfoundation.org/video/1654 - JLS 2009 - Status of Embedded Linux presentation
- http://www.vimeo.com/8042326 - Measuring Function Duration with Ftrace