This page is a overview of A1x family chips.
The Allwinner A10 CPU has been developed in, and is sold in, the People's Republic of China. It's a 400-pin highly feature-rich 1.5ghz ARM Cortex A8 with a MALI400 GPU. It has the distinction of having the highest bang-per-buck ratio of any SoC available at the time of writing, by quite a margin. Its price and features is causing massive disruption of the tablet market in China (a minor recession was caused by widespread cancellation of prior committments to other SoCs!), as every factory in Shenzen scrambles to compete with hundreds of other factories for the same end-user market: tablets (see A10_tablets) and PVRs (see A10_boards).
Features of the Allwinner A10 include:
- 1.5ghz Cortex A8 ARM Core
- MALI400MP OpenGL ES 2.0 GPU
- 2160p Hardware-accelerated Video playback (4x the resolution of 1080p)
- up to 1gb of DDR3 (800mhz) RAM
- a NAND Flash Controller that is capable of 8-way concurrent DMA (8 NAND ICs) as well as supporting up to 500mhz DDR2 RAM
- 4 SDIO interfaces (SD 3.0, UHI class)
- USB 2.0 Host as well as a 2nd USB-OTG Interface (USB-OTG can be reconfigured as USB 2.0 Host, automatically)
- 24-pin RGB/TTL as well as simultaneous HDMI out
- SATA-II 3gb/sec
- 10/100 Ethernet (MII compatible)
- a 2nd 24-pin RGB/TTL interface that is multiplexed (shared) on the same pins for a standard IDE (PATA) interface.
- GPIO, I2C, PWM, Keyboard Matrix (8x8), built-in Resistive Touchscreen Controller, and much more.
Unsurprisingly, this CPU has been chosen as the first CPU for an Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/PCMCIA CPU module by Rhombus Tech. The critical decisive factor however was the immediate support of Allwinner's Board of Directors for releasing full GPL Source Code, to help the RHT Initiative to foster better relations and closer ties with Free Software Developers.
Pinouts and Functions
The A10s lies between A10 and A13 devices in price and features, offering HDMI and Ethernet MAC but no SATA. See A10S datasheet for more information.
A13 is currently the cheapest variant of A10, lacking HDMI, SATA and Ethernet. See A13 datasheet for more information.