The PowerBar is a power supply "micro cape" that is designed to run your BeagleBone from batteries. It provides the BeagleBone with a solid 5V from nearly any power source that can handle the current requirements (for example, an idle BeagleBone Black draws roughly 350mA at 3.7V). In addition, it has over-voltage (+15V) and reverse-voltage protection on the input connectors.
- Compatible with both the BeagleBone White and the BeagleBone Black.
- Powers the BeagleBone from any 3-12VDC power source that can supply enough current (NOTE: the silkscreen states 3-14VDC but 12VDC is the recommended max).
- Has footprints for DC barrel jack and JST PH battery connector.
- Provides over-voltage and reverse-polarity protection.
- Does not cover the console connector or I2C pins of the expansion ports.
- Compatible with other capes – just put the PowerBar on top.
- Turns the BeagleBone's barrel jack into a 5VDC power source (a nifty side-effect).
|DC input voltage||3VDC to 12VDC|
|Supplied power||2.0A @ >5VDC|
|1.2A @ <5VDC|
|DC Power Input||2.1mm DC Jack|
The BeagleBone PowerBar uses the following signals:
- Schematics and project files are available at the PowerBar information page.
To go back to the cape list, please click BeagleBone Capes