Upcoming patchwork sessions: https://framadate.org/WEmxCql13oXFhbMs
April 19th: list of topics to discuss
To be defined.
March 8th: list of topics to discuss
Remaining to discuss
- [1/1] toolchain-wrapper: prevent use of unsupported -fstack-protector*
- Thomas: do we want this? I personally don't really like adding more and more crap to the wrapper. But others might disagreed.
- [v2,1/1] core: add option to force compiling C++ as C++11
- Thomas: I don't like this.
- Yann: I don't like it either:
- packages that need C++11 should pass the adequate flags to the compiler
- still the problem of C++11 programs that need to link against a non-C++11 library (ABI issues)
- [1/1] package/libgpg-error: bump to version 1.21
- Thomas: libgpg-error now has some architecture specific bits. Shall we follow upstream? I'd say yes.
- Thomas: I've started rebasing on master and fixing the comments.
- "package/gdb: avoid build issue with gdb sources from a git repository" or " [RFC] package/gdb: simplify the disable doc hook"
- Thomas: we need to make a decision about this
- "[1/1] overlay: Allow overlay to be a tar archive."
- Thomas: In principle sounds like a good idea to me.
- Peter made a review, raising some concerns. Patch marked as Changes Requested.
- [1/1] taskd: new package
- Thomas: do we want such a package in Buildroot? A command line TODO-list application in an embedded system?
- Yann: taskd is just the server part, so I'd say 'yes'. Review sent to ask for some changes; marked as changes-requested.
- [RFC] DO NOT APPLY Remove usr/ component from HOST_DIR
- Thomas: Do we want to go this way? Personally I'd say yes.
- Yann: I'm totally fine with the idea.
- Arnout will update his patch, possibly splitting it in several steps by using a usr -> . symlink
- [1/2] toolchain: add support for the newlib library
- Thomas: Final decision on this?
- Only acceptable if it will actually be followed up.
- Arnout has replied and marked as Changes Requested.
- "[1/2] help: add a way to document targets declared in local.mk/external.mk" and "[2/2] help: relocate help messages specific to one package"
- Thomas: I'd say yes to patch 1/2, but no to patch 2/2 (I had already submitted a similar approach, and it was rejected in the past)
- Arnout commented, new version was posted already