DLNA Summit 2008
The CE Linux Forum is hosting the second Open Source DLNA Summit, in Ede Netherlands, November 8 2008.
This summit is co-located at the same venue as Embedded Linux Conference Europe.
(Note that registration in Embedded Linux Conference is not required for attending the DLNA Summit)
Slides from the Event
The primary purpose of this conference is to facilitate the meeting and sharing of information among several parties interested in open source implementations of the DLNA specifications. These includes open source developers, product developers who might use these implementations, representatives from the DLNA organization or from related companies (certification and testing labs), and from members of the CE Linux Forum who are interested in this work.
We shall also be conducting a DLNA plug-fest during this summit. Particpants interested in the plugfest are invited to bring their DLNA devices to test for interoperability with other devices.
This page has information about the summit. It will be updated as more information becomes available.
The CE Linux Forum is interested in promoting and supporting work in this area, for eventual use in Linux-based CE products. It is hoped that by collaborating we can avoid duplication of effort, strengthen interoperability between implementations, and help accelerate the development of robust and feature-full solutions. During this summit we also want to gauge the interest level for holding such events in the future and discuss ideas for making them more productive.
- Location: Ede, Netherlands
- Date: November 8 (Saturday), 2008
- Times: 10 am to 5 pm
- Venue: This summit is co-located at the same venue as Embedded Linux Conference Europe.
- Price: Free
- Attendees: Attendance is by invitation. If you are interested in attending, please contact Rahul Saxena: rahul dot saxena at intel.com or Tim Bird: tim dot bird at am.sony.com
List of possible presentation and discussion topics:
- Specification Roadmap
- Status of DLNA OSS Projects
- Industry input on DLNA stack feature priorities and problem areas
- CELF sponsorship and support of OSS projects, contract work etc
- Open sourcing of DLNA stacks from CE companies
- Ideas on collaboration: Code sharing, partitioning problem space etc
- Certification Processes and Tools
- Hardware availability: Development and Test hardware
- DLNA Plug Fest
- Share compliance experiences e.g. PS3 war stories
- Future Summit discussion: Need for such a summit, agenda Ideas, mail lists, new invitees etc
Short (up to 30 minutes) presentations on above or similar topics are welcome and encouraged. Though Pre-submission of presentations is not required, please inform Rahul Saxena (rahul dot saxena at intel.com) if you plan to present.
Attendees: Attendance is by invitation. If you are interested in attending, please contact Rahul Saxena: rahul dot saxena at intel dot com
Current List of Attendees
|Tim Bird||Sony, Chair of CE Linux Forum Architecture Group||Tim dot Bird (at) am dot Sony dot com|
|Rahul Saxena||Intel||Rahul dot Saxena (at) Intel dot com|
|Frank Scholz||Beebits||fs (at) beebits dot net|
|Olivier Carmona||AWOX, Chair of the DLNA Certification and Test Committee||ocarmona (at) awox dot com|
|Philippe Normad||Fluendo||philippe (at) fluendo dot com|
|Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri||Profusion Embedded Systems||barbieri (at) profusion dot mobi|
|Christian Schaller||Collabora||christian dot schaller (at) collabora dot co dot uk|
|Zeeshan Ali||Nokia||zeeshan dot ali (at) nokia dot com|
|Jussi Kukkonen||Intel||jku (at) linux dot intel dot com|
|Ruud Derwig||NXP||ruud dot derwig (at) nxp dot com|
|Armijn Hemel||Loohuis Consulting||armijn (at) uulug dot nl|
|Young Sun Park||LG Electronics||yspark (at) lge dot com|
This summit is co-located at the same venue as Embedded Linux Conference Europe (ELCE). The summit will be located in:
Hotel en Congrescentrum De Reehorst Bennekomseweg 24 6717 LM EDE 0318-75030 http://www.reehorst.nl
Link to more resources
More information about open source DLNA projects is available on the eLinux wiki at:
Link to 2007 DLNA Summit website: