ECE597 Software Setup
I'm retiring this page. See ECE497 Lab00 Installing Ubuntu in VMware Player
This is outdated and will soon be removed.
Here are instructions on how to set up your host computer and BeagleBoard.
Setting up Linux on your host computer
VirtualBox supports hardware virtualization, so ensure it is enabled in your BIOS (most BIOS have it disabled by default). It is probably best to enable this before going any further. With this enabled, it is possible to allocate more then 1 cpu core to vbox. If you have a dual core laptop, this will cause your compiles to be much faster.
- ECE597 Mounting dfs/afs in Linux
- ECE497 Installing The Angstrom Distribution for doing software development
- ECE597 Ångström directory layout
- ECE597 Cross-Development
- ECE597 Configuring the Kernel
- ECE597 Configuring BusyBox
- ECE597 Installing the Eclipse IDE
- ECE597 Installing DSP Development Tools
Setting up your BeagleBoard
Useful Windows Apps
- Notepad++ is a nice code editor.
Things I'm working on
Getting Started Hints
Here are some useful links of getting things going.
- Linux Hints for Beagle, hints on handling video and USB devices.
- Precompiled Angstrom Distribution, this is a good starting place to get Linux running on your Beagle. It's all pre-compiled and ready to run. The instructions below will point you to here.
--Prof. Yoder 15:26, 4 March 2010 (UTC)