ESPresso Lite is the generic name of a family of Open source computing device suitable of running IoT applications with excellent IP connectivity over 802.11 network transports. Singapore based Espert Pte Ltd is the designer of ESPresso Lite boards. Pictured, the ESPresso Lite V2.0 is a mass market redesign of the earlier ESPresso Lite. ESPresso devices integrate the ESP8266 SoC for processing, and additionally provide a number of unique features.
ESPresso Lite v2.0 features
- Espressif's certified ESP-WROOM-02 Wi-Fi module (which houses the popular 32-bit 80 Mhz ESP8266 SoC with 64kb RAM & 4Mb flash),
- Two user-programmable buttons (connected to pin 0 & 13) and a reset button
- Green SMD LED indicator
- On board 3.3V Voltage Regulator with maximum current of 800mA continuous, 1A peak
- Input voltage Vin: 5 - 12 VDC; operating voltage at 3.3VDC
- Supports the Arduino IDE with own board manager and libraries
- Auto program loading from Arduino IDE; no manual resetting required
- Custom-arranged I2C pads for I2C-compliant sensors or OLED LC display
- Breakout pins are breadboard-friendly
ESPresso Lite v2.0 resources
ESPresso Lite Community
A vibrant community of makers is based mostly in Asia but taking hold worldwide.
This section refers to the ESPresso Lite v2.0 hardware.
Status LED Meanings