Ottawa Linux Symposium 2007
Here is a list of activities sponsored by or of interest to CELF members at OLS 2007:
|CELF Embedded Linux Projects BOF.|
Thanks for so many developers attending!
- 1 Overview
- 2 CE Linux Forum Bird's of a Feather session
- 3 Sessions and BOFS on embedded topics
- 4 Sessions by category
- 5 CELF Areas of emphasis
The CE Linux Forum is a sponsor of the 2007 Ottawa Linux Symposium.
This is our third year of sponsorship, and we really enjoy participating each year. Our participation consists of several items:
- CELF hosts its own BOF, which is open to the public
- Individual members present specific sessions at the event
- CELF members often lead or participate in BOFs
- CELF gives out prizes donated by member companies at the final keynote session of the symposium.
| Note: The acronym "BOFs" stands for "Birds-of-a-Feather"session.|
This is an informal session where people with similar interests get together to share their ideas and plans.
CE Linux Forum Bird's of a Feather session
This BOF is for anyone interested in the latest work being done in the area of embedded Linux. We have a few interesting mini-talks on new memory measurement tools, size and bootup time reduction techniques, and experience with testing realtime features in Linux.
Please feel free to come and discuss your own embedded project.
The BOF was held at:
- Place: Westin Hotel, adjacent to the Congress Centre
- Room: Confederation Ballroom III, on the Fourth Floor
- Date: Friday, June 29
- Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
CELF BOF Agenda:
|Matt Mackall||Discussion and demo of pagemap (accurate memory measurement) patches and tools|
|Michael Opdenacker||Size and Bootup Time techniques and demo|
|Tim Bird||Discussion on recent RT-preempt testing on embedded platforms|
|Manas Saksena||Fedora on ARM project|
|<open floor>||Lightning talks, demos, etc.|
Come and tell us about your own embedded project!
|Lightning Talks from Japan: See CELF wiki page for OLS2007 for links to lightning talk papers and presentations|
Sessions and BOFS on embedded topics
Embedded Linux BOF
- Led by Tim Bird, this is a look at the current status of embedded features in Linux.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, June 27 at 6:00 pm / Room: King
- See http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2007/view_abstract.php?content_key=5
Embedded Linux Wiki BOF
- Led by Michael Opdenacker, this is a discussion about the new embedded Linux wiki.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, June 27 at 7:00 pm / Room: King
- See http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2007/view_abstract.php?content_key=268
BoFS: Linux in Mobile Phones
- Led by Scott Preece, this BOF summarizes work on Linux in Mobile phones
- Date and Time: Friday, June 29 at 6:00 pm / Room: Rockhopper
- See http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2007/view_abstract.php?content_key=250
Power Management BoFS
- Led by Mark Gross, this BOF discusses the latest developments and plans for power management in Linux
- Date and Time: Thursday, June 28 at 6:00 pm / Room: Rockhopper
- See http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2007/view_abstract.php?content_key=26
Sessions by category
- Internals of the RT Patch, by Steven Rostedt of RedHat
- App'Armour Application Security BOFs - Seth Arnold
- TomoyoLinux BOF - ToshiharuHarada
- TOMOYO Linux BoF - Ottawa Linux Symposium 2007
- http://sourceforge.jp/projects/tomoyo/document/elc2007-presentation-20070418.pdf/en/4/elc2007-presentation-20070418.pdf (ELC2007 slides)
- Linux Integrity Projects - David Safford
- Trusted Secure Embedded Linux: From Hardware Root of Trust to Mandatory Access Control - Hadi Nahari
- Linux Tracing BOFs - Vara Prasad
- Djprobe - Probing the Kernel With the Smallest Overhead - Masami Hiramatsu
- In-kernel Dynamic Application Tracing Mechanism and Dynamic Tracing of Kernel Data Structure - Prasanna S. Panchamukhi
- Dynamic Tracing and Performance Analysis Using SystemTap - Mike Mason
- Ptrace, Utrace, Uprobes: Lightweight, Dynamic Tracing of User Apps - James A. Keniston
- Breaking the Chains: Using LinuxBIOS to Liberate Embedded X86 Processors - Jordan H. Crouse
- Readahead: Time Travel Techniques For Desktop and Embedded Systems - Michael Opdenacker
- Evaluating Effects of Cache Memory Compression on Embedded Systems - Anderson Farias Briglia
- More Linux for Less - Robin Getz
- Distributed Cluster Computing on Cell/PS3 slide:attachment:ols-2007-ps3-bof.pdf - Akira Tsukamoto
- Linux on Cell Broadband Engine - Arnd Bergmann
- Cross Compiling Linux - Rob Landley
- The 7 Dwarves: Debugging Information Beyond gdb - Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
- Frysk 1, Kernel 0? - Andrew Cagney
- Where is Your Application Stuck - Vivek Kashyap
- Implementation of a Branch Tracing Tool and Regression Test Framework - Hiro Yoshioka
CELF Areas of emphasis
These are the areas of emphasis that CELF is promoting at this year's symposium:
- RT-preempt - what can we do to help improve it and get it mainlined?
- Embedded Linux Wiki -