The Samsung S3C2440 features an ARM920T core, a 16/32-bit RISC microprocessor, to provide hand-held devices and general applications with cost-effective, low-power, and high performance micro-controller solution in a small form-factor. The S3C2440 is developed using 0.13 um CMOS standard cell and a memory compiler. In addition, it adopts a new bus architecture called Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture (AMBA).
By providing a comprehensive set of common system peripherals, the S3C2440 minimizes the overall system costs and eliminates the need to configure additional components.
The S3C2440 includes the following components:
- separate 16 KB instruction and 16 KB data cache
- MMU to handle virtual memory management
- TFT& STN LCD controller
- NAND flash boot loader
- system manager (chip select logic and SDRAM controller)
- 3-ch UART
- 4-ch DMA
- 4-ch timers with PWM
- I/O ports
- 8-ch 10-bit ADC and touch screen interface
- camera interface
- AC97 audiocodec interface
- IIC-BUS interface
- IIS-BUS interface
- USB host
- USB device
- SD host & multimedia card interface
- 2-ch SPI
- PLL for clock generation.
The S3C2440's main enhancement over the baseline product, S3C2410, is the addition of camera interface for multimedia messaging services.
S3C2440 Development board : S3c2440kits
Arm9 S3C2440 board : S3c2440kits
- SBC2440-III Single Board Computer based on Samsung S3C2440 from Embest
- Mini2440-I Processor Card based on Samsung S3C2440 from Embest
- FriendlyARM Mini2440 (Mini2440) and Micro2440