The BeBoPr-plus-plus is the 3rd generation BeBoPr cape. It is the successor of the BeBoPr-plus cape and the original BeBoPr Cape. The BeBoPr++ Cape provides all the necessary I/O to control a Mendel/Reprap 3D-printer, or other (multiple axes) stepper driven devices:
- 3 Analog inputs optimized for thermistors.
- 6 Digital inputs for limit switches.
- 3 High-power PWM outputs for heater(s) and/or fan.
- Multiple axes steppermotor interface, 5 axes with external drivers or 4 axes with plug-in Pololu/StepStick modules.
- Single supply (12-24 Volt) operation. The integrated 5V/2A switching stepdown convertor powers the Cape, the BeagleBone, and external sensors.
- All I/O is protected to prevent damage to the BeagleBone by accidental short-circuits or wrong logic levels.
- Steppermotor operation at up to 36 Volts, depending on the drivers being used.
- Multiple LEDs, mounted near the input and output connectors provide status information.
All 'hard' realtime control, e.g. step pulse generation, acceleration etc. runs on a dedicated PRU coprocessor that is part of the AM335x on the BeagleBone. The 'soft' realtime control, e.g. traject planning, temperature control etc., runs on the ARM processor under Linux.
- The stepper control code accelerates and steps all axes simultaneously at up to 60 kHz steprate.
- The step-pulse duration on the E-axis can be controlled for laser engraving/cutter applications.
All Linux code is Open Source. A license for the coprocessor code comes with the board, the code is provided as embedded binary module.
|Power||Single 12-24 Volt operation with stepdown for BeagleBone and sensors.|
|5V/2A sourced via expansion header|
|Indicators||2 green LEDs show power present state|
|7 yellow LEDs show active sensors and software status (or heartbeat)|
|5 red LEDs show active PWM outputs, emergency stop and I/O enabled state|
|Connectors||Pluggable power connectors|
|Screw terminals for PWM outputs|
|Molex KK pin headers for I/O|
|Elevated headers for the BeagleBone|
|Sockets for stepper driver modules|
|Pin Header for external stepper drivers|
|Size||100 x 107 mm|
|Board Name||BeBoPr (3D-printer/CNC) Cape|
|System Reference Manual||Yes|
|Bills of Materials||No|
For more information please send mail with subject "BeBoPr++ sales" to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow one of these links:
To go back to the cape list, please click BeagleBone Capes