Difference between revisions of "BeagleBone TiWi-5E w/ EXT. Antenna"
m (Wmat moved page CircuitCo:BeagleBone TiWi-5E w/ EXT. Antenna to BeagleBone TiWi-5E w/ EXT. Antenna: Removing CircuitCo namespace)
Latest revision as of 08:00, 1 August 2017
NOTE: This Cape has been discontinued
- 1 Descriptions
- 2 Revision Changes
- 3 Software Support
- 4 Getting Started
- 5 Specifications
- 6 Signal Usage
- 7 EEPROM
- 8 Product Images
- 9 Vendors
- 10 Documentations
The BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna is an add-on board that provides Wi-Fi capability for the BeagleBone. This cape is equipped with LSR TiWi-5E module that is capable of providing high performance 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n. The TiWi-5E chip use on this cape is based on the Texas Instrument WL1273L chipset. This cape uses an external antenna.
Note: Bluetooth for this cape is NOT supported in the latest Angstrom release for BeagleBone.
Note: Hardware incompatible and will damage BeagleBone Black if used together.
Initial release of the BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna
- BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna revision A is supported by Angstrom release 03-27-13 onward.
- Major BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here.
- Intermediate BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here
Please follow the instructions here to write the image file to your SD card on a Windows machine.
- A BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna
- A BeagleBone (with supported software)
- A 5V DC power supply (we recommend 5V - 2A)
- A mini-USB cable
Following the instructions below to start using your BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna:
- Mount the BeagleBone TiWi Cape to the BeagleBone
- Make sure the SD card using with BeagleBone has supported Angstrom image or later
- Plug in a 5V DC power supply to the DC connector on BeagleBone
- Note: We recommend using a 5V - 2A supply. However, more current supply may be required if more capes or peripheral devices are connected.
- Connect the BeagleBone to your PC using mini-USB cable
- Note: the mini-USB port on the cable should go to the mini-USB connector on the BeagleBone. The other end of the cable should go to PC
- Open a terminal program (e.g. TeraTerm) and connect to the corresponding COM port for BeagleBone
- Log in as root
- Now you can start using linux command for wireless device.
- Example: use following command to scan available networks
- iw dev wlan0 scan
- For more information please visit Wireless Kernel
- Note: Latest Angstrom image for BeagleBone supports iw and nl80211
|Power||3.3V via expansion connector|
|5V via expansion connector|
|WiFi||IEEE 802.11 a,b,g,n|
|Connectors||Two 46-position stackable connectors|
|LEDs||WLAN enable LED|
|Bluetooth enable LED|
|3.6V power good indicator|
|1.8V power good indicator|
|Size||2.15" x 3.40"|
The BeagleBone TiWi-BLE Cape w/ Chip Antenna uses 21 signals including:
|Board Name||BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna|
BeagleBone TiWi-5E Cape w/ External Antenna Revision A
To download all files at once please click here