Board and Chip Vendors
This page has a list of the companies or organizations that make processors or boards for embedded products. If you are looking for companies who sell Linux software or Linux-related services, see the Vendors page. If you are looking for companies who sell end-user products based on Linux, see Companies
- affordable ARM boards
- Armadeus started as a community project
- Atmel - Wikipedia entry
- CALAO Systems
- tiny and cheap ARM based boards
- Cirrus Logic - Wikipedia entry
- Cirrus Logic makes ep93xx and ep73xx 32-bit ARM-based Microcontrollers
- Freescale Semiconductor - Wikipedia entry
- Freescale makes the MX31 ARM11-based processor (and associated development boards), among others.
- Freescale makes several PPC-based processors (and associated development boards) as well.
Gumstix sells various very small processor and add-on boards. Especially interesting for robotics related projects.
- Renesas Technology - Wikipedia entry
- Renesas makes the SuperH, M32R, and H8 RISC CPUs, the RX CISC CPUs, and others.