Buildroot Developers Meeting, 6-7 February 2017, Brussels
Location and date
The Buildroot community is organizing a meeting on February 6th and 7th 2016, for Buildroot developers and contributors. This meeting will be a mixture of discussion and hacking session around the Buildroot project. This meeting takes place either right after the FOSDEM, in order to make it easy for participants to attend both events. It is not mandatory to attend both days of the meeting.
The meeting will take place in Google offices, located Chaussée d'Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussels, very close to the Schuman metro station.
The meeting hours will be 9 AM to 6 PM on both days, the lunch is free of charge, courtesy of Google. On Sunday and Monday evenings, we will be organising some social events for which the details will be communicated to the participants.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
- Google, providing the meeting location, with Internet connection, but also free lunch and refreshments for the meeting participants.
- Mind is the Embedded Software division of Essensium, which provides consultancy and services specifically in the field of Linux and Open Source SW for Embedded Systems. Mind will be offering the Monday dinner to the participants of the meeting.
2017-02-01, 21:00 UTC: Registration is closed. Only people who registered before will be able to attend. Thanks!
- Thomas Petazzoni
- Yann E. MORIN
- Samuel Martin
- Peter Korsgaard
- Luca Ceresoli
- Romain Naour
- Maxime Hadjinlian
- Julien Boibessot
- Vicente Olivert Riera
- Thomas De Schampheleire
- Gabe Evans
- Randy Shifflin
- Hans Mortier
- Arnout Vandecappelle
- Jan Heylen
Topics to be discussed
- (tdescham) Two-toolchain support: Aarch64 does not make it possible to combine a 64-bit and 32-bit toolchain. It is thus not possible to create a 64-bit kernel combined with 32-bit userland. To support this, Buildroot needs to 'know' about two separate toolchains, and allow some packages to build with one and some with the other.
- (tdescham) kexec / kdump for kernel crash dumps
- (tdescham) clapack size difference in Debug vs Release cmake settings
- (tdescham) status check: per-package staging / target
- (tdescham) taboo: opkg package generation