Difference between revisions of "Categorized Videos Proposal"
(add initial list of categories)
m (Tim Bird moved page Categorized-Videos-Proposal to Categorized Videos Proposal without leaving a redirect: spaces are better than dashes)
Revision as of 15:01, 21 July 2020
This page is a proposal for creating a set of topic-area pages to hold links to talks & videos from past ELC and ELCE events, so that information on a particular topic is collected in one place, for easy reference.
- decide on the categories for talks
- note: some talks will likely defy categorization
- need to start a category list:
- Boot time
- File systems
- embedded protocols (mqtt, 6lowpan, etc.)
- Build systems
- Yocto Project
- others? (OpenWRT, homebrew)
- (or do we want just a "verticals" page)
- kernel subsystems:
- how narrow do we want the topics?
- decide if talk may be included on more than one page
- decide layout for talk information:
- obvious elements: event, date, speaker, title, presentation link, video link
- do we want a talk summary? If so, where would we get it from?
- some abstracts for previous events are still available (e.g. see https://www.celinux.org/elc_europe07/sessions.html)
- how about a rating?
- how about some notation to indicate a significant or historic talk (there are some worth highlighting, IMHO)
- link to transcript if available?
- create pages
- create overview page
- create template for individual pages
- create pages
- add information about each talk to correct page(s)
* ELC Presentations - links to all presentations pages for ELC and ELCE * https://embeddedlinuxconference.com/