Category:BeagleBoard Expansion Boards
General-Purpose Expansion Boards
- BeagleBoard Barker Communications accessory board for the BeagleBoard
- BeagleBoard Hardhat Industrial I/O expansion board (4-20mA input and output, 0-10V input and output, dry contact input and output)
- BeagleBoard Hardware Interfacing explains howto create expansion Boards.
- BeagleBoard Tracker is a Xilinx Spartan 3A FPGA connected directly to the Beagle expansion connector.
- Xenarc USB touchscreen for Beagleboard/OMAP3 EVM
- BeagleBoard Bug Adapter board
- I2C interface(+3.3v or +5v selectable)
- Can be used with the Nintendo Wii NunChuk interface
- Pin compatible with WiiChuk Adapter
- WiiChuk Adapter is available from SparkFun
- SPI inteface (+3.3v)
- Large prototyping area (0.1" x 0.1" matrix with access to power bus)
- Atmega328 processor (user programmable)
- Arduino compatible
- ATmega328 power is +3.3v or +5v selectable
- Communicate to the ATmega328 via the BeagleBoard's second RS-232 uart
- Battery Backed RTC (real-time clock)
- Second MMC slot
- 10BaseT Ethernet
- Second RS-232
- +5V level I2C
- AT24 EEPROM
BeagleServer expansion board is an Open Hardware project. Currently a high level design note is available, which describes the components to be used. It aims at the following specifications :
- Aims at transforming a Beagleboard or IGEPv2 into a full-blown home server that could cater to home automation needs
- Compatible with both the Beagleboard and the IGEPv2
- 12V battery powered, or mains-powered (accepts 9 ~ 18V)
- Enough power for an internal 2.5" or 3.5" hard-disk, USB-attached
- +3.3V and +5V I2C; +5V I2C is buffered with a line buffer accepting a larger capacitance which allows I2C devices at distances up to 50m
- I2C to 1-wire hub (using DS2482-800 which is supported by OWFS); plugging in 1-wire devices lights a LED which makes it easy to confirm if a 1-wire device is detected.
- Real time clock with super-capacitor backup
- Internal monitoring of the HW health (power supplies + temperature)
- Some relays
- Ethernet-based console port
- a few other options (RS232 interface with CTS and RTS, SPI port, S-video, additional SD-card)
- Beaglebot uses a custom extension board.
Cameras and Imaging
- The Leopard Board functions as a webcam
LCD Expansion Boards
Rev C2 and later boards provide direct access to the LCD lines before they enter the DVI framer via the LCD header, enabling expansion boards which interface directly with LCD panels.
- Interfacing BeagleBoard to Raw LCD
- BeagleBoard Showdog LCD and Touchscreen board for the BeagleBoard
- dvi2par cheap DIY HDMI-to-parallel converter
- Openmoko Beagle Hybrid is a LCD adapter for a Openmoko 2'8 VGA touchscreen plus GPS and some sensors. It is available through http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Openmoko%20Beagle
- 7" 800x480 TFT LCD screen
- LED Backlight control
- Resistive touch screen
- Plastic frame
- Available from NAXING Electronics
LVDS LCD add-on board is now available from LVDS LCD for $9.89 (bare PCB) or $29.89 (fully assembled and tested board)
- connects directly to LCD headers on the bottom of BeagleBoard (-xM)
- has 3 configuration signals required by some LVDS LCD panels
- provides up to 1.2A of 3.3V to directly power LCD panel
- open-source project (schematic and Gerbers are available for free download)
HY Research has some expansion board basics and example.
- 4.3", 4.8" interface boards
- Outdoor visible 7.0" LCD and interfaces.
- Boards are configured to minimize overall profile.
- Items available for sale via the Estore
- Trainer Board from TinCanTools has an Arduino compatible Atmel AVR on board
- Arduino Nano uses an FTDI FT-232 based interface which is supported by the ftdi_sio kernel driver- How To Notes
- Arduino Uno uses a Atmel ATmega8U2 based interface which is supported by the cdc_acm kernel driver - How To Notes
Pages in category "BeagleBoard Expansion Boards"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- BBB Audio Cape RevB Getting Started
- BBB RS232 Cape RevB Getting Started
- BeagleBoard Barker
- BeagleBoard Hardhat
- BeagleBoard Showdog
- BeagleBoard Tracker
- BeagleBoard Trainer
- BeagleBoard Zippy
- BeagleBoard Zippy2
- BeagleBoardToys/BeagleBone TiWi-5E w/ EXT. Antenna
- BeagleBoardToys/Reprogram ULCD7 Lite EEPROM