This page provides information about companies that build and sell consumer electronics devices with Linux as their operating system. If you're looking for companies that build and sell Linux distributions for embedded devices or who provide services around embedded Linux, please see the Vendors page.
You may also want to look at the Source code download sites page, which has a list of places to get open source software from different companies.
- APF27 Series (i.MX27 + Spartan3A based boards)
- APF9328 Series (i.MXL + Spartan3 based boards)
- The Armadeus Project: non profit association for embedded Linux geeks
- Embedded Computers
- Expansion Boards
- Development Boards
- USB Keys
- Home And Building Automation Controllers
- Embest provides standard single board computers and custom modules based on different ARM processors from Atmel, Freescale, NXP, Samsung, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments for embedded applications
- Electronic Engineering Solutions
- Elphel, Inc provide high performance Network Cameras based on Free Software and Hardware designs. Axis EtraxFS & Spartan 3e 1200k gates FPGA.
- LanMusic: Linux based Internet radio player for Hotels and home users
- Parkhelp: System that helps users locate parking spaces effectively using a system of Linux based embedded guided information
- The Solution People
- IPNetCam: Smart IP surveillance camera
- HBA: Handheld Biometric Authentication
Intellimetrix - Computing for Science and Industry
moblin.org - Home of Intel's "Mobile Linux" distribution and tools
- Linux Kernel Development
- GUI Development, Qt
- PTXdist Build System
- Barebox Bootloader
- i.MX Linux Port
- too many products to list, see:
- too many products to list, see
- Timll A Chinese company focused on providing standard single board computer and custom modules for ARM embedded applications
- Tk Open Systems BSP's-R-Us, also drivers, even some user-space stuff
Toradex Embedded Computer Modules
Wacom - is a world-wide company that produces graphics tablets and related products. Wacom's OEM sensor technology has been used by many major Tablet PC vendors. A detailed list of Wacom products and their histories can also be found at WikiWacom.
Xilinx - all programmable™
Instructions for submitters
Please add company names in alphabetical order, and follow the existing format. Make a link from your company name to your main web site. If you have a wikipedia entry, please link that as well. If you would like to, you may list a few of your Linux-based products, but please don't go overboard.