Embedded Linux Distributions
Here is some information about embedded Linux distributions, and kernel configuration and build systems:
- Embedded Alley - see http://www.embeddedalley.com/
- KaeilOS embedded linux
- Lineo Solutions uLinux
- MontaVista Linux - see http://www.mvista.com/products_services.php
- RidgeRun Linux - see http://www.ridgerun.com/sdk.shtml
- TimeSys LinuxLink - see http://www.timesys.com/products/index.htm
- Ubuntu Mobile
- Wind River - see http://www.windriver.com/products/linux/
- Little Blue Linux - MPC Data
- Access Linux Platform
- Snapgear Embedded Linux Distribution - http://www.snapgear.org/
- Open Wrt - http://openwrt.org/
- Embedded Debian - http://www.emdebian.org/
- Embedded Gentoo - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/index.xml
Special purpose embedded Linux distributions
- Flash Linux - a distribution specifically for USB keys and Live CDs
- Eagle Linux - http://www.safedesksolutions.com/eaglelinux/
- An embedded Linux distribution aimed at helping users learn Linux by creating bootable Linux images "virtually from scratch". Eagle Linux 2.3 is currently distributed as a concise, 26-page PDF documenting the creation of a minimalist, network-ready Linux image for bootable CDs, floppies, or flash drives. See description at: http://ct.enews.deviceforge.com/rd/cts?d=207-106-2-28-5560-8662-0-0-0-1
- uClinux A distribution targeting at systems without Memory Management Unit. See also UClinux Shared Library.
Configuration and Build systems
- Open Embedded - System for building full embedded images from scratch
- Buildroot is a set of Makefiles and patches that makes it easy generate a cross-compilation toolchain and root filesystem for your target Linux system using the uClibc C library.
- Linux From Scratch
- Qplus Target Builder - Target image builder from ETRI
- LTIB - Linux Target Image Builder (by Stuart Hughes of FreeScale) - see http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ltib
- Building Embedded Userlands - Presentation by Ned Miljevic & Klaas van Gend at the ELC 2008 which compares different configuration and build systems. Video of the conference available.
- Embedded OS mentions a variety of embedded operating systems, including embedded Linux.