HummingBoard is an ARM development board with Freescale i.MX6 (ARMv7 architecture) manufactured by SolidRun. Its technical specifications are similar to SolidRun series of small computers Cubox-i. The following models of the board are available: HummingBoard-i1, HummingBoard-i2, and HummingBoard-i2eX.
The following OS image are provided from SolidRun:
- OPENELEC – A Kodi Media Center
- GeexBox XBMC – A Kodi Media Center
- Debian Linux by Igor Pečovnik
For more information please visit SolidRun download page.
The following tutorial for build a Linux based distribution for HummingBoard (or Cubox-i) with Yocto is based on this article.
- Download Poky
git clone -b dizzy git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git
- Download ARM and Freescale layers
- For Wayland & Weston version 1.5
cd poky git clone -b dizzy git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-arm git clone -b dizzy git://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra.git
- For Wayland & Weston version 1.6
cd poky git clone https://github.com/konsulko/meta-fsl-arm.git git clone -b dizzy git://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra.git
- Initialize build directory
Perform the following modifications of conf/local.conf:
- Change machine type to cubox-i:
MACHINE ??= "cubox-i"
- Append the following additional configurations:
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm" ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1" LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = "commercial"
- Optionally change the following settings to optimize the build depending on the hardware specifications of your build system:
PARALLEL_MAKE ?= "-j 4" BB_NUMBER_THREADS ?= "4"
- Optionally append the following configuration if you are building Wayland and Weston
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11"
- Optionally append the following configuration if you want to save disk space by deleting temporary files after the build
INHERIT += "rm_work"
Append the following two lines to BBLAYERS at conf/bblayers.conf:
/home/test/poky/meta-fsl-arm \ /home/test/poky/meta-fsl-arm-extra \
Build & Run
- Run the following command to build a minimal image:
- Alternatively, run the following command to build an image with Wayland and Weston:
- The build may take up to several hours depending on the technical specifications of the build system. Grab a cup of coffee and when the image is ready go to tmp/deploy/images/cubox-i/. Replace X with the corresponding letter to a microSD card and copy the image to it using the following commands:
cd tmp/deploy/images/cubox-i/ umount /dev/sdX* dd if=core-image-weston-cubox-i.sdcard of=/dev/sdX bs=4M conv=fsync
There are ongoing efforts for porting Tizen:Common and Tizen IVI with Wayland, Weston and Crosswalk on HummingBoard:
- Building Tizen with Yocto for HummingBoard
- Building Wayland and Weston on Tizen Device with Freescale i.MX6 SoC