Difference between revisions of "Jetson TX2/28 Display debug"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
** Display is not be able to up. Moreover, system is not able to up.(
** Display is not be able to up. Moreover, system is not able to up.(after rel-28.2)
Revision as of 00:17, 9 January 2018
This section focuses on debug display driver issue on rel-28.x release.
Drivers of tegra display controller are under kernel source: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads
For T186(TX2). Note that TX2 still uses driver code of T210.
- Print current mode in dc
sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegradc.X/mode #X=0,1,2.
- Print current mode in fbcon
sudo cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode #if more than one fb, just change the fbX to whatever you want.
- Capture edid
sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegradc.X/edid #X=0,1,2.
- Forcing edid
1. Prepare a known 256byte EDID. 2. set use_fallback = true; in tegra_edid_get_monspecs() under edid.c. 3. fill in the known EDID to default_720p_edid.
- If I hit underflow? (red screen or blank line flicker)
sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegradc.0/stats underflows: 35 underflows_a: 143 underflows_b: 0 underflows_c: 0
- Blank/Unblank window/display
sudo echo 4 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank #blank display and power down sudo echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank #blank display and show the background color sudo echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank
- Other issues
dmesg |grep tegradc #print out display kernel related message
- Display is not be able to up. Moreover, system is not able to up.(Fixed after rel-28.2)