Jetson Xavier NX
NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) from the NVIDIA Jetson family, including an integrated 384-core Volta GPU with Tensor Cores, dual Deep Learning Accelerators (DLAs), 6-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 CPU, 8GB 128-bit LPDDR4x with 51.2GB/s of memory bandwidth, hardware video codecs, and high-speed I/O including PCIe Gen 3/4, 14 camera lanes of MIPI CSI-2, USB 3.1.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning to the edge, Jetson Xavier NX runs Linux and provides up to 21 TeraOPS (TOPS) of compute performance in user-configurable 10/15W power profiles.
Jetson Xavier NX is available as Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit and the production compute module. It is backwards-compatible with the production B01-revision of Jetson Nano. See the wiki of previous Jetson's here.
- 1 Jetson Xavier NX Module
- 2 Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Ecosystem Products & Cameras
Jetson Xavier NX Module
The Jetson Xavier NX compute module contains the Xavier SoC, memory, eMMC storage, and power circuitry. The I/O ports are broken out through a carrier board via a 260-pin SO-DIMM edge connector, which is backwards-compatible with the Jetson Nano module pin-out. Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Jetson Xavier NX Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- 6-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 CPU @ 1400MHz (up to 1900MHz in dual-core mode)
- 384-core Volta GPU @ 1100MHz with 64 Tensor Cores
- Dual Deep Learning Accelerator (DLA) engines
- 7-way VLIW Vision Accelerator
- 8GB 128-bit LPDDR4x @ 1600MHz (51.2GB/s)
- 16GB eMMC 5.1
- (2x) 4Kp30 H.264/H.265 video encoder
- (2x) 4Kp60 H.264/H.265 video decoder
I/O Interfaces & Ports
- (14x) MIPI CSI-2 lanes, 3x4 or 6x2 cameras
- up to 6 active sensor streams and 36 virtual camera channels
- (2x) PCIe controllers | 1x4 (Gen 4), 1x1 (Gen 3)
- 1x4 (Gen 4) - Root Port and Endpoint
- 1x1 (Gen 3) - Root Port
- USB 3.1 (10Gbps) + (3x) USB 2.0
- (2x) DP 1.4 / eDP 1.4 / HDMI 2.0 a/b @ 4Kp60
- 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
- (3x) UART, (2x) SPI, (2x) I2C, I2S, CAN, GPIOs
- 260-pin SO-DIMM edge connector (backwards compatible with Jetson Nano module pin-out)
- dimensions: 70x45mm
- -25C to 90C operating temperature (Tj)
- 5VDC input power
- 10/15W power modes
Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit
The Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit is an easy way to get started using Jetson Xavier NX, including the module, carrier board, power supply, and wireless module. It costs $399 and is available from distributors worldwide.
- 90x103mm Reference Carrier Board
- Jetson Xavier NX module with heatsink/fan
- 19.5V power supply
- 2x2 802.11ac WLAN + Bluetooth 5.0 M.2 module + antennas
You will need a MicroSD card to use (16/32GB UHS-1 recommended minimum)
Ports & Interfaces
- (4x) USB 3.1 A (Host)
- USB 2.0 Micro B (Device)
- (2x) MIPI CSI-2 x2 (15-position Camera Flex Connector)
- HDMI 2.0
- DisplayPort 1.4
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
- M.2 Key-E with PCIe x1 (includes 2x2 802.11ac + BT 5.0 RTL8211 module)
- M.2 Key-M NVMe with PCIe x4
- MicroSD card slot
- (2x) I2C, (2x) SPI, UART, I2S, GPIOs
NVIDIA has released technical documentation and design guides for Jetson Xavier NX, available through the Jetson Downloads Center.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- Nano Migration Guide interface comparison and migration guide from Jetson Nano
- TX2 Migration Guide interface comparison and migration guide from Jetson TX2
- Pinmux Configuration pin multiplexing device tree configuration spreadsheet
- Fuse App Note one-time programmable fuse specification and technical documentation
- 3D CAD Model 3D STEP file model for compute module
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Jetson Downloads Center for the full list that's currently available.
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson Xavier NX.
- Emulation Package and User Guide (software patch to configure Jetson AGX Xavier as Xavier NX)
- jetson_stats - jtop, service and other tools
- jetson_easy - automatic setup/scripting
Ecosystem Products & Cameras
The following are 3rd-party accessories, cameras and carriers available for Jetson Xavier NX.
See the Jetson Ecosystem directory for a full listing of Jetson ecosystem partners.
- e-con Systems e-CAM131_CUNX (4K Camera for NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX/NVIDIA Jetson Nano)
- e-con Systems e-CAM24_CUNX (Color Global shutter Camera for NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX/NVIDIA Jetson Nano)
- e-con Systems e-CAM50_CUNX (5MP MIPI CSI-2 fixed focus color Camera NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX/NVIDIA Jetson Nano)
- e-con Systems STURDeCAM20 (IP67 Full HD GMSL2 HDR camera for Connect Tech's Rudi-NX Embedded System)
- Antmicro Open Baseboard, available at Capable Robot
- Auvidea JNX30 (NX carrier)
- Avermedia EN713 (Nano/NX carrier)
- Avermedia EN715 (Nano/NX carrier)
- ConnectTech Quark (Nano/NX carrier)
- ConnectTech Photon (Nano/NX camera platform)
- D3 Engineering DesignCore (NX camera platform)
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) NCB00 (Nano/NX carrier)
- Diamond Systems FLOYD (Nano/NX carrier)
- Jetson Nano Developer Kit (B01 revision, 945-13450-0000-100)
- e-con Systems e-CAM131_CUNX (Nano/NX camera platform)
- e-con Systems e-CAM50_CUNX (Nano/NX camera platform)
- e-con Systems STURDeCAM20 (Connect tech Rudi-NX camera platform)
- Leopard Imaging LI-NX-CB-6CAM (NX camera platform)
- Leopard Imaging LI-NANO-CB (Nano/NX camera platform)
- Realtimes RTSO-6001B (NX carrier)
- SmartCow Pluto (Nano/NX carrier)
- Geekworm Metal Case for Jetson Xavier NX & Jetson Nano
- Aaeon BOXER-8251AI
- Advantech MIC-710AIX
- Auvidea JN30
- Auvidea JN80
- Avermedia EN713-AAE9
- Avermedia EN715-AA00
- ConnectTech Rudi-NX
- Diamond Systems JETBOX-FLOYD-XNX-01
- Leopard Imaging LI-XNX-BOX-MIPI
- MIIVII Lite NX
- MIIVII Lite NX Mini
- RapidProto Hazcam
- Realtimes X509
- Realtimes Z509
Be sure to read the Jetson Xavier NX Thermal Design Guide. It provides guidance for designing or procuring a thermal solution appropriate for your particular application.
Off-the-shelf Thermal solutions
Single or Small Quantities
- Active (with fan)
The reference thermal solution used in Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit is available directly from Readore Limited. To order, contact Kiki.Wang@readore.com.cn (Phone: +86 150 1697 9434)
|095-0073-000||Fan heatsink||3.1 USD||50|
|155-0892-000||Leaf spring||0.2 USD||50|
|155-0876-000||Shoulder screw for leaf spring||0.08 USD||200|
1Minimum Order Quantity