This device is part of the LeapFrog NXP320 Platform, it's recommended to start there for general information.
The LeapPad2 is part of 2 different devices that all share a common hardware platform, based around the Nexell [ http://nexell.co.kr/eng/pro/pro02.html | NXP3200] SoC. The platform page contains information generic across these devices, and it is recommended that you refer to that page as it is a good starting point to understanding the LeapPad2, and contains some basic How To's and Tutorials to get you started.
The LeapPad2 (like the LeapsterGS) is a toy produced by Leapfrog marketed as an educational handheld gaming console for kids aged 3-9. Although it has a proprietary graphical front end, it runs an Angstrom Linux distribution on the same Cortex-A9 processor as the LeapsterGS. It also has built in accellerometer, 2 cameras, and microphone, along with a touch screen.
Sources and Toolchains
- Mount SD Card on custom cartridge
- Format card ext3
- mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
Boot Mode Key Combos
- Monitor: U-Boot console.
- Requires a serial connection
- On host PC keyboard hold shift+M, power up device, *very quickly* type o then n
- USB Boot: Loading Surgeon.
- Hold d-pad right and home key, while powering up.
- Mfg Test: Various hardware tests.
- Hold vol-up + vol-down while powering up, maintaining till test screen.
File System Contents List
|Boot Loader||0x00000000||0x0007E000||/dev/mtd0||On NOR|
|Cartridge||On Cartridge NAND|