OMAP 5912 Starter Kit
Q-VGA from Mistral
Mistral Software Q-VGA LCD Module for OMAP5912 Starter Kit.
Aditec Graphic LCD Module(AGLM)
Aditec Graphic LCD Module (AGLM)
From the website:
- CMOS Sensor Input, LCD Output
- Touch Screen, Navigation Switch
- Camera Input(2 Channel), TV Output
The Angstrom distribution provides a replacement kernel and root file system for the OSK, based on the 2.6 kernel.
Instructions for flashing these files:
Please report bugs to: http://bugs.openembedded.org/ and include omap5912osk in the bug report.
Contact philip at balister dot org with questions.
- MontaVista Linux Preview Kit - sign up and download (Linux 2.4)
- TI's OMAP Linux website has goodies including:
- 2.6.8-rc3_080804.tar.bz2 - a relatively old snapshot of the 2.6 OMAP kernel (warning: ~150MB download)
- u-boot binaries and source - note that old versions use the Innovator-1510 board id, but U-Boot 1.1.2 should is used with 2.6
- omap5912osk_2.6.pdf - How to Build Linux for the OMAP5912 Processor
- For current code (2.6.13-rc1-omap1 at this edit) install GIT and run the following command:
git clone git://source.mvista.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git
- (This might take a while, the tree is big)
- or just get OMAP-Linux patches less current than the linux-omap GIT tree, against various older http://kernel.org kernels
- you might be able to use kernel.org kernels directly, but some important drivers haven't yet made it upstream
- Use buildroot to quickly make a toolchain and rootfs
- http://oskfordummies.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ - helpful OSK info
- http://oskfordummies.hp.infoseek.co.jp/howto/audio.html - audio help
#OLon irc.freenode.net is an omap-linux dedicated IRC channel, and has some OSK developers. See http://irchelp.org/ for information on IRC.
- Texas Instruments TMS320C55xx DSP core operating at 192 Mhz.
- ARM926EJ-S core operating at 192 Mhz.
- TLV320AIC23 codec with mic-in, line-in, and headphone jacks
- 32 Mbyte mobile DDR RAM
- 32 Mbyte on board NOR Flash ROM
- 4 Expansion connectors (bottom side)
- Compatible with Mistral's Q-VGA LCD/touchscreen card
- Compatible with Spectrum Digital's OSK wire Wrap Prototype Card
- RS-232 serial port
- 10 MBPS Ethernet port
- USB host port (usable as peripheral, with nonstandard cabling)
- CompactFlash socket (type I or II), for storage ONLY (no WLAN etc)
- On board IEEE 1149.1 JTAG connector for optional emulation
- +5 Volt operation, power supply included
- Size: 5.55" x 3.54" (141 x 90 mm), 0.062 thick, 8 layers
- Compatible with Monta Vista Linux for OSK5912
- Compatible with OMAP Code Composer Studio from Texas Instruments
- Runs Linux 2.6 quite nicely
- Current development is focused on the 2.6 kernels
- Note that you should first install u-boot-1.1.2.
- OMAP5912 OSK board
- Monta Vista Linux 2.4 for OMAP5912 OSK
- Documentation CD
- RS-232 cable
- Ethernet cable
- Audio cable
- AC Power cord(s) and Power supply
- Quick Start Guide
Flash Recovery Utility
- (free as in water) Flash Recovery Utility for the OSK5912 allows reflashing over USB - works with revision C boards
- (free as in speech, GPL) OMAP Flash Loader - link on bottom of Flash Recovery Utility
- ($79/$89 USD, supported product) FlashRecoveryUtility for OSK5912 from SDS Inc - works with revision C and D boards
- General OMAP Linux readme, also available in each kernel tree in Documentation/arm/OMAP/README
- OMAP GPIO usage HOWTO, also available in each kernel tree in Documentation/arm/OMAP/gpio
- Collection of OSK HOWTOs
- UBoot for OSK
- Spectrum digital OSK5912 FAQ
- OSK5912 Audio driver
- USB Camera HOWTO
- X on OMAP tutorial
- OSK for dummies
- Building Linux for the Innovator Development Kit for OMAP Platform
- Building Linux for the OMAP5912 OSK
- OSK5912 Newbie Guide
- Readme GIT for OMAP
- Submitting OMAP patches
- Linux OMAP Open Source Mailing List, the archives are searchable by going to http://www.google.com/ and adding "site:linux.omap.com" to the search phrase.
- LCD output from decompressor: If you care about the first impression your kernel makes :-) , or your device has no serial ports, you might want to have the decompressor output its messages through LCD, like on a VGA.
- Flash u-boot using USB OTG on H3 (sorry, not OSK, but H3 related ;) )
- Execute kernel in place (XIP) from flash Kernel XIP
- Flash Recovery Utility (FRU) available above is uses an undocumented usb interface and is only for windows
- Zach Welch wants the protocol specs so a scriptable version can be created for Linux
- GPL'd OMAP Flash Loader listed above duplicates the protocol, but does not document it.
- u-boot sources with correct arch number (515 as listed on http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/) should be available from http://u-boot.sourceforge.net; or use u-boot 1.1.1 with Media:u-boot-1.1.1-osk.diff
- OE should build complete flash image
- uClibc rootfs should be available
- find/post patch info for 2.4 (2.6 is listed above)
- Tim Riker thinks it would be nice to have a uclibc/tuxscreen style buildroot too. ;))