| Warning: ||Using non-standards compliant powered USB hubs may damage the board!!|
Related forum posts:
- Where additional information may prove useful, please include this, e.g. requires a powered USB hub, only works with Kernel vN etc.
- Where a peripheral has proven to be problematic, please add a sub-section for problem hardware if it doesn't already exist and note down a few details there.
- If you'd like to notify others you can also post details to the forum topic.
- Logitech Wireless Keyboard K330
- Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000
- Logitech Wireless Mouse M215
The gen 1 board uses logic levels of 0V and 3.3V. The 3 pin header (J2) is in a corner of the board near the Ethernet port.
It provides Transmit (Tx), Receive (Rx) and Ground (Gnd). The pins are labelled.
Depending on the adapter will probably have to wire Ground to Ground, Tx to Rx, Rx to Tx.
The default communications protocol used by the Parallella is 115,200 bits per second, eight data bits, no parity, one stop bit (8N1).
- Anything using the RS-232 or RS-423 standards. These have large and negative voltages.
- PC serial port or replacement adapter. These can often be identified by a 9 pin D shaped socket.
- Directly wiring to USB. An adapter is needed.
- Directly wiring Ethernet