Renesas Salvator-X with MAXIM-RCAR-H3 camera board
This is the Wiki for the Renesas R-Car H3 Salvator-X board (RTP0RC7795SIPB0010S) with mounted MAXIM-RCAR-H3 camera board. Refer to the R-Car/Boards/Salvator-X page for information about Renesas Salvator-X board.
Refer to the R-Car/Boards/Yocto-Gen3 page for information about buid procedure for Salvator-X-view board:
* target: salvator-x * append: view
meta-renesas/meta-rcar-gen3/docs/sample/conf/salvator-x/linaro-gcc/bsp/*.conf MACHINE_FEATURES_append = " salvator-x-view"
Use a micro-USB cable to connect to "Debug Serial 0". Serial settings are 115200 8N1.
* Kernel config: defconfig * Kernel image: arch/arm64/boot/Image * DTB: arch/arm64/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7795-salvator-x-view.dtb
U-Boot boot command:
tftpboot 0x48080000 Image tftpboot 0x48f00000 r8a7795-salvator-x-view.dtb booti 0x48080000 - 0x48f00000
There are 2 sets (J1-J4 and J5-J10-J12-J13) with 4 cameras each (totally 8). Each set is independent, hence it is possible to connect only 4 cameras to any set.
The yocto build rootfs includes the test application that validates the cameras functionality: - the test application name 'capture', the source code location is "meta-renesas/meta-rcar-gen3/recipes-bsp/capture/files/capture.tar.gz" - to run 'capture' test example: $ /usr/share/tests/test_lvds_camera_0-3.sh - to update ov10640-ov490 camera firmware with specific resolution
- Tests:SCIF-FIFO: Test SCIF FIFO behavior, using SCIF3 and HSCIF3 on expansion I/O connectors
- Tests:SDIO-KS7010: Test SDIO with a Spectec SDW823 microSD card (using an SD size adapter) on connectors CN13 or CN14
- Tests:SDIO-H3-Voltage-Switching: Test if voltages change properly when inserting UHS capable SD cards into connectors CN13 or CN14
- Tests:Watchdog-Pretimeout: Test watchdog pretimeouts. Because the hardware watchdog (RWDT) doesn't support this feature, a software watchdog must be used in addition