- Information for authors - the process of submitting an article.
- Layout & fonts - description of the standard layout and associated fonts.
- PDF creation - instructions for the generation of PDF for electronic and paper publication.
Setting up access
- The first step is to create a github account. Then for those on the MagPi layout team, email the editor for permission to join the github organisation.
- Since the Raspberry Pi does not have a great deal of processor power, it is better to use the command line tools to access github. For OSX and Windows there are GUI tools available for download on the github site.
Tools for Raspberry Pi or VirtualBox
Several people would rather not read the git book. Therefore, some scripts were written to simplify the usage slightly.
- Download mp-git-20120209.tar.gz from the DropBox.
- Unpack it,
tar xvfz mp-git-20120209.tar.gz
- Install it,
cd mp-git source install.sh
- Then use the commands as needed. The commands are,
to install and configure git. The script has no action if the installation and configuration is already okay.
to check out the shinything repository. The script will not check out the repository again if a local copy already exists in the present working directory.
mp-git-commit.sh 'A message goes here'
where the string 'A message goes here' should be replaced with a sensible and informative message. The script adds any new few files, commits to the local repository, fetches and remote changes and then merges the local changes into the remote repository. (Git does not allow empty directories to be added)
to update the local copy with any changes from the github repository.