BeagleBone Black Rev B6 - USER LED's will not turn on at all when trying to boot from SD / USB
← Thread:Talk:BeagleBone Black Extracting eMMC contents/BeagleBone Black Rev B6 - USER LED's will not turn on at all when trying to boot from SD / USB
I'm working with BeagleBone Black Rev B6 (Debian) for work.
I would like to make an image of the emmc so I can duplicate the entire project with ease.
I've read multiple pages online describing the process of formatting an SD card, putting it into the BBB whilst powered off, and holding S2 when the board is powered on.
When I do this, the USER LED's do not turn on at all.
I've read this can be caused by not having enough power to the board.
I have tried a number of things to see what the issue:
* I've tested multiple boards (All BBB Rev B6) * 2 different USB Cables * 3 different USB ports * 2 different 5v 1.2a power supplies * Formatted my 16G SD Card (Came with the BBB) to FAT32 Partition, marked as active * Copied over the files from the download as instructed * Different combinations of holding the S2 button upon power on, pressing the reset button, etc etc
I believe that I can make an image of the OS and all the files on the BBB with the dd command, so that is what I will resort to. I will be preparing some 50+ of these BBB's in the coming month, and I would like a very easy and streamlined way of doing all this.
Thanks for the help
* I am able to mount and read the SD card from within the OS on the BBB.
* When I am told that the SD card needs to be FAT formatted, is FAT32 sufficient for this? Or should I be using something like FAT16?
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.